Sunday, March 11, 2012

Studio photo dump - and BACK UP your stuff!

Hello! So I had a computer malfunction this evening and didn't get everything done that I wanted to. Those lovely Windows updates can really wreak havoc sometimes...I spent about two hours trying to get it past the restarting point, shutting it down again and rebooting in different safe modes only to have it get stuck again. On the last reboot it finally gave me a "repair disk" option...yes! That's what I want, repair whatever's broken! It seemed to work *crosses fingers*. Royal pain, but it was a good reminder to back up all my stuff.
One of the things I wanted to accomplish this evening was listing the new mushroom cap sewing pins in my shop...unfortunately, to put it bluntly, I'm pooped! Writing the descriptions and taking the photos will have to wait until tomorrow.
In the meantime, I thought I'd show you what I've done in the studio recently...major re-organization. Things have grown since the days when I could store all my wool in an over-the-door shoe organizer! I put up this shelf and added some canning jars that someone from my old job was nice enough to give me. I really like being able to see all my colors at once, and they show me what is stored in the bags and drawers beneath.



I also got my photo table set up...it was becoming too time-consuming to set everything up and then take it down again whenever I wanted to take new product photos, so I cleared a spot in the studio and dedicated this area to photo taking only...something I have been wanting to do for months. In case you're wondering, the light tent is a cheapie that I bought on Ebay. It folds up into itself and becomes its own carrying case with pockets (the pockets and the handle are in the back when it's set up), which is pretty neat! It came with the two small photo lights you see on the left, but they aren't very bright so I have to use them both on one side. I use G.E. 'Reveal' bulbs in the other lamps; they come closest to daylight without being ridiculously expensive.


This tired pup is off to bed now so I can get a fresh start tomorrow on finishing what was supposed to be done today! Let's just hope Windows doesn't have any more 'helpful' updates for me.. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment