Saturday, August 14, 2010

Happy Saturday and New Crafties

Hello friends! It's been a pretty fast and busy summer; it's hard to believe that it's time to start thinking about autumn already! How come the older you get, the faster time flies past? There must be a scientific explanation.

I've been having fun challenging myself to new crafty things...I'm still practicing embroidery and I thought I'd try an animal. Of course I chose to try a fawn because, well, fawns just rock my cute-o-meter! The back of the piece is a bit of a mess, but it's only going on my own wall anyways, so it doesn't matter.:) This is a 4-inch hoop, and I topped it with a bow of vintage seam binding.


I also tried my hand at some really tiny-scale needle felting. I'm still obsessed with bird's nests for some reason, I seem to try to incorporate them into everything and it just never gets old to me :) This one measures just under 1 cm. The glass bottles have been in my stash for so long, and I just ran across them recently. Don't you love when you find stuff in your supply stash that you had forgotten about, and it gives you a ton of new ideas? THAT'S why we hate to throw things away, see?


I'm off to do some house-cleaning, then it's back to the crafty stuff. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Janine! Glad to see you are still around. I didn't know you had a blog, did I? I think I only knew you had an etsy shop. Oh well, I'm here now. I'm going to nose around awhile. Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    ReplyDelete