Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Thrifty Find and New Hydrangea Bobbies!

Last weekend I went into an antique store for the first time. I had always thought of antique stores as places that had really expensive antique furniture and collector's pieces, etc., so I was never too interested in going into one.
Well last weekend a friend and I went into one...and I cannot believe that I've missed out all these years! It was like a well-organized garage sale, the kind of place where you want to see *everything* because if you don't, you'll always wonder if you missed something that you would have fallen in love with. Ya know those kind of places?

I left with this awesome, totally 70's style sugar and creamer set.

Here's the front:



and the back:


and the bottom:

They're about 4 inches high and I LOVE them.


I also got some more bobby pins made over the weekend...I recently discovered hydrangeas and they are such pretty flowers! I layered the fabric flowers the way I wanted them, sewed a faux pearl to each center, and attached them to the silver plated hair pins. I'm really happy with the way they came out.



That's it for now, hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment