Monday, April 23, 2012

Do You Keep A Sketchbook?

I started keeping a sketchbook/idea notebook at the beginning of last month, and I don't know why the heck I didn't do it sooner. It's a huge 5-subject notebook with dividers and pockets and it's great for those ideas that swim around in my head and then disappear! You know the ones...they usually invade your brain right before you fall asleep?

I don't draw very well unless it's a design element or something abstract (maybe that's why I never kept one?), but I quickly realized that it doesn't matter.
It's proven to be a nice resource and as long as I can decipher what I've written and drawn, I'm good. =) I use it for sketching any ideas I have for new nature scenes to create, general doodling, photo set-up ideas...I almost can't live without it now, and recently got another smaller one to keep with me all the time. Pardon the yucky photo quality ...still getting used to the new camera!


Idea book- doodling


Idea book- mushroom pathIdea book- nature scene pincushions


 Do you keep a book like this? Why or why not? If you do, what kinds of things do you put in it?

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I oftentimes sketch on random pieces of paper, and never find my sketches again. I might just learn from that and get a book too. Love the idea of saprophytic fungi with the log:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you should get one, Kinga! It really makes a world of difference, especially when you feel like sitting down to make a new design and nothing comes to mind very quickly...you flip through your sketchbook and say, "Oh yeah, I forgot about that idea!" =)

    ReplyDelete