Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hello Out There! =)

It's the end of January already...looks like my resolution of blogging more frequently has already hit the skids! Where does the time go? Well for me, part of the time since my last post was spent discovering Pinterest. It was a little confusing at first but then it quickly became a glorious time-suck =) I'm over there as janine200 and while I don't have a whole lot of things 'pinned' yet, I have really enjoyed looking at all the goodies that other people pin to their boards.

I've also been working on some new designs for the shop, there are so many ideas in my head and not enough time to finish (or even start) them all! I did make a new bird's nest ornament, and I got a little creative with the photography--I used natural twigs and pods I found on the ground outside of my dayjob as little props, and then I brought the pic into Photoshop where I played around with lighting and curves to give it a bit of a washed-out look. To me, it looks more like an art print than a product shot and I love how it turned out! Happiness!


 Other things I've spent time on lately: I needle-felted some new mushrooms for pincushions, and spent some time dyeing ostrich feathers. I love the look on people faces at the office where I work when they ask, "What did you do this weekend?" and, grinning like an idiot, I answer, "I dyed ostrich feathers!" =) More on that to come in another post, I'll take some photos next time I dye a batch and show how (and why) I like to color my own.

That's it for now, it's time for me to head to bed (I've got Stephen King's book Bag of Bones on my nightstand calling my name). I hope you all have a wonderful, happy week! ♥





No comments:

Post a Comment